+1 (323) 282-7770 frontdesk@gondim-law.com


Learn about the EB-3, immigration category based on a permanent and full-time job offer in the United States. 

Depending on the case, the sponsor in the U.S. needs to apply for a labor certification on behalf of the EB-3 candidate issued by the Department of Labor. Once the certificate is approved, the next step is to submit the EB-3 petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The minimum criteria for EB-3 can vary significantly according to the candidate’s professional and academic profile and the profession they seek to practice in the USA. Still, in all cases, it is necessary to have the sponsor and job offer already. Check out the criteria below:

Schedule A – This EB-3 subcategory includes physical therapists who are seeking a license in the American state where they will reside, professional nurses who are attending an accredited nursing school in the U.S., professionals in the fields of science, arts or university professors who meet at least two extraordinary skills criteria.

Professionals with a diploma – Foreigners who have at least one higher education (bachelor’s degree) in the U.S. or equivalent academic training in their country of origin or housing and who perform a professional activity that is missing or lacking in qualified labor in the country. Work certification is required.

Skilled Workers – Foreigners with at least two years of experience and professional training in the same area are invited to work in the U.S. and perform tasks where there is a shortage or shortage of skilled labor in the country. Technical certification is also required.

Unskilled workers who demonstrate the ability to perform a specific activity where there is a labor shortage in the United States and who have at least two years of experience and training in the same work area. Work certification is required.



1)         Does the EB-3 immigration process require a job offer?

Yes. A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required.

2)         Who can sponsor an EB-3 application?

Any legal organization inside the U.S. can sponsor an EB-3 process if they have a suitable opening within the company and can justify why hiring a foreign national becomes imperative.

3)         What are the main requirements to qualify for the EB-3?

It depends on the position offered by the company sponsoring your application in the U.S. The job description will list any minimum requirements, such as High School Diploma and work experience. Etc. You may be eligible for this immigrant visa preference category if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other workers.

4)         Can the spouse of an EB-3 work in the U.S.?

While applying for permanent residency is ongoing, the spouse may apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), which lets them work freely in the country.

5)         How long does it take to get a green card through EB-3?

There are several steps in receiving an EB-3 application. Therefore, the EB-3 processing time should take between 1 and 3 years for most EB-3 visa applications to be processed.

Have you identified with the profile and criteria for the EB-3 category and want to work and live legally in the US? Schedule an initial consultation with our licensed lawyers through our website: www.gondimlaw.com


Fill in our form to receive a pre-evaluation of your Green Card and visa possibilities or other services and processes offered by Gondim Law's licensed immigration lawyers in the U.S.